Happy rainy May Tuesday, Chicago!
BroadwayWorld Chicago brings you 10 ON Tuesday, featuring artists in and around Chicago. This week's questionnaire participant - 11-year-old Casey Lyons!
1) Go-to audition song or monologue? "Where is Love?" from Oliver!
2) Where Are You From? Northern Suburbs.
3) Currently Working On? The world premiere of Hazel, A Musical Maid in America.
4) What's your dream production? I'm currently obsessed with Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and would love to play Charlie Bucket, but my absolute dream would be to write my own production! I spend a lot of time writing and creating, from scripts to music.
5) Favorite post-performance haunt? The ice cream shop. Always order a cookies and cream shake.
6) Living or dead, who would you drop everything to see perform? Julie Andrews! The Sound of Music and Mary Poppins are two of my favorites.
7) What's your guilty pleasure? I'm 11 years old, I don't think I have a guilty pleasure.
8) Describe the Chicago community in three words: Family, encouraging, fun.
9) Fill in the blank: "If I could change one thing about theatre in Chicago, it would be ... it would be neat if there were more family friendly shows."
10) Fill in the blank: "The thing I'd never change about theatre in Chicago is ... whether an actor or an audience member, I wouldn't change the people the the experience."